Thursday, April 7, 2011

10-Minute Tastebud Fiesta

Did you know that it only takes 10 minutes to create a fabulous fiesta party for your tastebuds? I simply cannot live without the super simple and fresh salsa that I've been making forever now - so much so that I often joke about getting an IV to shoot it directly in my veins! Combine these 5 ingredients (6 if you like it hot) and your tastebuds will be dancing around the Mexican hat in no time!

Visste du att det bara tar 10 minuter att skapa en fest för dina smaklökar?! Jag kan helt enkelt inte leva utan min superenkla och fräscha salsa som jag gjort så länge jag kan minnas - jag skämtar ofta om att få det intravenöst! Blanda dessa 5 ingredienser (6 om du gillar det starkt) och dina smaklökar kommer att dansa en Mexican Hat Dance på nolltid! Mer svensk text finns längst ner i bloggen.


Salsa ingredients:
2 cans crushed tomatoes (note, this works better than fresh tomatoes)
1 medium or 2 small white onions
5-6 small green chili peppers
2 garlic cloves
fresh cilantro (a small herb pot)
fresh jalepano (if you like it hotter)

Peel and quarter the onions, de-vein and take out the seeds from the green chilis (and jalepenos if you are using them), and peel the garlic cloves. I pull off the entire stalks of the cilantro and use them along with the leafy bits. I used to chop everything by hand. However, my life-after-kids now requires that I throw it all in the food blender and 'mango presto' it's mixed in a matter of seconds.


A short blend time equals a chunkier salsa. Start with a short mix, and stop along the way to find the best consistency for you. I like mine a little more blended. Add some fun and colorful bowls for the salsa, chips, and sour cream.


Now all you need to complete your 10-minute Tastebud Fiesta is family and friends! Enjoy the party!


(Svenska...fortsatt)

Ingredienser:
2 burkar krossade tomater (obs fungerar bättre än färska tomater)
1 medelstor eller 2 små silverlökar
5-6 små grön spansk peppar
2 vitlöksklyftor
färsk koriander (en liten örtkruka)
färsk jalapeño (om du gillar det starkare)

Skala och dela löken i fyra delar, dela och ta ur kärnorna från grönpepparn (och jalapeños om du använder det) och skala vitlöksklyftorna. Dra av hela stjälken av koriander och använda dem tillsammans med bladen. Förrut hackade jag allt för hand, men nuförtiden i mitt liv-med-barn kastar jag allt i mixern och "mango presto" är allt blandat efter några sekunder. En snabb blandning med mixern är lika med en lite grövre salsa. Börja med en snabb mix och titta då och då för att hitta den bästa konsistens för dig. Jag gillar min lite mer blandat. Lägg till några roliga och färgglada skålar för salsa, chips och gräddfil.

Allt du behöver för att slutföra din 10-minuters Tastebud Fiesta är familj och vänner! Njut av festen!

Until next time...
Tills nästa gång...
Michael


Also linked to my favorite link parties here!

If you enjoyed this post, I hope you'll become a follower of my blog and a fan on FB.

Timerhttp://www.facebookloginhut.com/facebook-login/

10 comments:

  1. yum, my kind of refreshment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I'm craving that! haha

    I like your new banner at the top.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummmmm! I love the bowl/serving dish you have there too! Super-cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love chips and salsa. Looks really great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how I love fresh salsa!! Yumm! This looks like a great recipe, I really like how you used crushed canned tomatoes. I am definitely going to try this! :)

    Job+Rachael

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks DELICIOUS! Fresh salsa is one of my favs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks so good. I just made salsa last night...chile peppers and jalapeno...that's my kind of recipe! {visiting from Tip Junkie}

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely have me craving some salsa! Might be a mexican dinner type of night...

    ReplyDelete
  9. With spring here and my garden growing this is so going to come in handy!! I love a good fiesta...and siesta for that matter! If you get a sec, pop on over to Foodie Friday and link up! Oh, and I found you on Fireflies and Jellybeans. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yumm! It's already almost 11pm right now where I am but this got me salivating! Will be featuring this tomorrow! Yay!

    ReplyDelete

I'm listening! And responding - so let's create some buzz together for recycled and repurposed arts and crafts.

Related Post for bluevelvetchair.blogspot.com