Sunday, April 10, 2011

DIY Sneak Peek

Jackpot! I am super excited about finding THE chandelier that I've been looking for to hang in our dining room area - I can barely contain myself! This will definitely make my project list for the week. I bought it 2nd hand from Blocket (one of Sweden's Ebay-esque sites) and the seller, who was decked out in leather and black, plocked it from his little storage garage full of instruments and band equipment (a real 'garage band', I joked). He said it had been in his grandma's house. Thanks, Gran! I'm going to see what I can do with a bit of clean-up, paint, and dye for the little silk lampshades that followed along in a little paper bag.

Jackpot! Jag är så jätteglad att jag hittade takkronan som jag har letat efter för vår matsal - Jag kan knappt hålla mig! Detta kommer definitivt att ligger på min projektlista för veckan. Jag hittade den på Blocket och säljaren, som var klädd i svart och läder, tog ur den från sitt lilla föråd som var full med instrument och bandutrustning. En riktiga 'garage band' skojade jag. Han sa att lampan kommer från hans mormors hus. Tack mormor! Jag ska göra en lite rengöring, måla och färga de fem lampskärmarna i siden som följde med i en liten papperspåse.


Those gorgeous glass baubles are solid...and they are heavy!

Dessa underbara glaskulor är tunga!


Another weekend find resulted from a random stop by a junk pile in an abandoned parking lot - and Score! Look at these rustic boards with Falu red paint on them (a trademark house color in Sweden that goes way back). They must be pretty old because they are cut with the natural tree form on the sides - not squared off. Very excited to make some rustic signs with them! The hubcaps came from the side of the road...they are everywhere now that all the snow has melted. I think it's time for me to make some hubcap flowers for an outside wall. And the electric wire will probably become hair on the junk sculpture, 'Rusty', that my son and I have been working on now and then.

Ett annat fynd under helgen blev när jag av en slump körde förbi en skräphög på en övergiven parkeringsplats - succe! Titta på dessa rustika brädor med Falu rödfärg. De måste vara gamla eftersom de är kapade med trädets naturliga form på sidorna - inte fyrkantiga. Dem blir perfekta för några rustika skyltar. Navkapslarna kom från sidan av vägen ... de finns överallt nu när snön har smält. Det är dags för mig att göra några navkapselblommor till en yttervägg hemma. Och sladdarna kommer antagligen att bli hår till skräpskulpturen, "Rusty", som min son och jag arbetar med då och då.


Even with all of this inspiration for my week(s) ahead, I had to get outside and do some heavy labor in our front yard. More on that later because right now it's a total pit which requires our devoted love and attention this spring/summer. I'll include it in future posts to show the remodel-in-process. The hard work paid off when my daughter Mia brought me flowers she'd found in the yard...a true miracle considering it's a mud pile. But oh, aren't they gorgeous?!

Även med all den inspiration för dem kommande veckorna var jag tvungen att komma ut och göra lite tungt arbete i vår trädgård eftersom kaoset på framsidan kräver våra hängivna kärlek och uppmärksamhet. Jag skriver mer om det senare och visar framstegen. Det hårda arbetet lönade sig när min dotter Mia gav mig blommor hon hittat i trädgården ... ett sant mirakel med tanke på att det är ett lerhål. Men åh, är de inte snygga?!



I hope your weekend was filled with as much inspiration as mine! Can't wait to see what you create and send out into the world.

Jag hoppas att din helg var fylld med så mycket inspiration som min! Kan inte vänta att se vad du skapa och skicka ut i världen.

Until next time...
Tills nästa gång...
M

p.s.  If you enjoyed this post, I hope you'll become a follower of my blog and a fan on FB.

Timerhttp://www.facebookloginhut.com/facebook-login/

10 comments:

  1. How gorgeous and unusual! What a truly fabulous find - can't wait to see your makeover, it's bound to be wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is totally perfect!!! Beautiful! I am looking for one just like it!!!!!!!

    Yea for great finds! Yea Yea Ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cant wait to see what you are going to do with that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That chandelier is a fabulous find! I love old, unique chandeliers and this one is truly unique! Those glass baubles are amazing!

    xoxo
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Michael,

    Nice of you to me came along. You button project I like very much!
    What you can do with old button, right?
    Nice bouquet you got from your daughter! So sweet!
    Here with us in the Netherlands it is spring now. Delicious! I'm a real outdoorswoman and can enjoy it very much.
    Your beautiful chandelier, I'm curious about what you will make.

    Greetings and see you next time,

    Thea♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey! this is so great. that lamp is awesome. I have awarded you with the versatile blogging award (hopefully you haven't already gotten it).

    this is the link to my blog. congrats!
    kathryn
    www.thedragonsfairytail.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the chandelier! So pretty. Can't wait to see what you do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very lovely! Can you have too many chandies? I don't think so!

    Hope you'll pop over and check out my $1,200.00 kitchen remodel!

    ~Mikey @ Shabby French Cottage
    P.S. I'm now a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mike,

    love the chandeleir!! It is so you! Gotta love the blocket finds. I don't think I have ever seen anything like that one. Can't wait to see it in your house.

    laurie

    ReplyDelete
  10. So gorgeous!! I'm officially inspired to create my own chandelier this Summer!! My fingers are crossed for a flea market find as inspiring as yours :)

    Found you from It's a crafty life! Great blog :) Definitely becoming a follower! It's been fun reading about crafting and creating with an upcycled/repurposed feel! I've been working on my new-ish blog with the same focus so it's nice to get some inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

I'm listening! And responding - so let's create some buzz together for recycled and repurposed arts and crafts.

Related Post for bluevelvetchair.blogspot.com